.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Friday, December 03, 2004

The answer, my friend

Everyone who drives encounters a road-rager one time or another, and I encountered several on my way back home from Thanksgiving with relatives. The worst was a huge guy in a huge truck, and he went into something approximating nuclear fission at my lack of subservience on the Interstate. I don't remember ever seeing such anger.

Later that day, I felt a need to do some energy processing, and it occurred to me that I could just breathe in all that anger, and breathe it out to the planet as love. Thus a new technique was born.

I have never been a "Bush hater," but have found him revolting. Being that he is the head of state of the most dangerous regime on the planet, I have pondered for the last four years on how to personally deal with the presence of George W. Bush in my life. The road-rager supplied the method.

Try it yourself, and see how it feels. Breathe in all the evil, all the arrogance, all the murderousness, all the smirking, all the incompetence of George W. Bush, and breathe it out as love to the whole planet. Notice the changes. Not just in yourself, but in the George W. Bush that lives inside you. If that George W. Bush can change, think what the effect can be if people all over the planet start doing it.

This regime can be overcome, and the ways in which it can manifest are many. Total materialists will tend to think this method is silly and useless, but most of us have some intuition of something greater, and should find it helpful. I welcome any feedback about this, and hope people pass on the practice. We shall overcome some day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home