.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Friday, June 01, 2007

A brief study in contrast

Democratic presidential hopeful U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks with Dr. Mark Anderson while touring a cardiology research lab before speaking about his health care plan, Tuesday, May 29, 2007, at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, Iowa. Obama on Tuesday unveiled a health care plan that he contends would extend coverage to all Americans and save consumers $2,500 a year. That cost would be divvied up between businesses, consumers and the government, with much of the amount raised by repealing tax cuts to the wealthy. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)

 


 


 


 




Bush preening at Walter Reed Army Hospital




 


 


 


 


A must read: Click, Click, and Click

2 Comments:

Blogger Ixian Heretic said...

Re: your comment on Greenwald's Salon article @Sunday, June 3, 2007 11:00 AM - IMHO, a completely valid viewpoint. Unfortunately, I doubt justice will ever be done.

I've done what I can - stopped watching TV news (except for Olbermann), stopped reading newspapters, and write bitter diatribes to NPR whenever they slip into hagiography mode.

6/04/2007 5:48 AM  
Blogger John Hamilton said...

Years ago I had a friend who was clinically depressed. I told him I had an easy cure: cheer up! It actually worked, for the moment at least, and sometimes a moment is all you need.

Its hard living in these demented times, but they had a beginning, and will have an end. The real root of the predicament is the human ego, and its belief that you can attain ultimate happiness by owning and controlling everything and everyone.

So hang in there. This day will pass. I find more and more that if I try to be a better person that my outlook improves. Even the Dalai Lama says he has a long way to go.

6/06/2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home