.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

One generation

Saja JaffarWhenever I wonder why I keep doing this blog, all I have to do is look at these two pictures. The first is of a little girl named Saja Jaffar, who Kids for peacewas wounded in the bombing of a Baghdad market March 28, 2003 by U.S. forces. The second picture is from the "Preemptive peace march," held in Madison on February 1, 2003. Over 8,000 people marched that day, believing the Bush crime family would be responsive to public opinion. The march was led by "Kids for peace."

A lot has happened since those two days in 2003. Many children have been killed, maimed, displaced, and orphaned. The Canadian is reporting today that the U.S. invasion is responsible for over 250,000 civilian deaths. Much more suffering is on the way. Enough depleted uranium has been spread around the country and the planet to insure many decades of disease and death.

Then there are the problems we aren't dealing with, like Global Warming, resource depletion, overpopulation, and disease pandemics. (See also "The bears of Churchill" for a good analysis of Climate Change. You may have to pay for it.)

So I'll keep posting information, analysis, and whatever insight I can add to the dialogue. In the future I plan on moving away from writing about the Bush crime family. It should be clear to anyone with any sense that our system is being ruled by sociopaths. More important is how we can be about it, as well as what we can do about it.

An offering to the Great SpiritIf we keep the the children of the world in mind, we will be guided in the right direction. It has been attributed to the Iroquois Confederacy that our actions should be planned by keeping in mind the next seven generations. Western man can start by taking the initial step: planning for the next one generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home