.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Something worth reading

Two brothers from the Shaito family waited Sunday at a hospital in Tyre, Lebanon. Three of their relatives died while fleeing north when their van was struck by an Israeli missile. (New York Times, 7/23/06)Sometimes I run across something so insightful and well written that it deserves wider notice. I'm not sure this blog will give it wider notice, but if you click here, I think you will be glad you did. Great truth has a way of cutting through frustration and pessimism. The Smirking Chimp version works better on browsers than the original, for some strange reason (You might want to avoid the comments section, lest you return to frustration and pessimism). Suffice it to say that the Glasgow Sunday Herald is a worthy part of any decent person's reading material.
_________________________________________________

July 29:

Here's something extra for a little light reading. Click here for a nice song to listen to while reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home