.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Memories of Christmas Past

You never know what you're going to find rummaging through old things. I must have been eleven years old when I made this card. Catholicism provides an endless source of humor. Click on the image for a larger view.
_________________________________________

For the unfamiliar, the term means a sudden outburst, as in "Jesus mercy!" or "Praise be to God!" "Allahu Akbar!" would be a good example in another tradition. Still, I wonder what the nuns were thinking when they made the assignment to do these cards, and when they read them. I also wonder what my mother thought when I gave it to her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home