.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

While We Still Have Time

In spite of the grimness of the times in which we live, there is still hope. If you feel, like I do, that the usual discourse about matters of critical concern tends to be superficial, misguided, and false, then you might find some solace and inspiration here. I will try to offer insight and a holistic perspective on events and issues, and hopefully serve as a catalyst for raising the level of dialogue on this planet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, United States

I was born in 1945, shortly before atom bombs were dropped on Japan. I served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. I earned master's degrees in Economics and Educational Psychology, and certificates in Web Page Design and as a Teacher of English as a Second Language. I followed an Indian guru for eight years, which immersed me in meditative practices and an attitude of reaching a higher level of being. A blog post listing the meditative practices I have pursued can be seen here.

Sunday, March 03, 2024

Let's Outdo Michigan

Thirteen percent of Michigan voters voted "Uncommitted" in last Tuesday's presidential primary. The total of uncommitted votes was 101,449, about 91,000 more than was hoped for. It was a protest vote against Genocide Joe Biden, the incumbent president and soulless supporter of the carnage in Gaza. He showed how much he cares Monday by answering questions about a ceasefire while eating an ice cream cone. His fun couldn't be interrupted. 

If this trend of one spreads, which it will, Genocide Joe could be forced to abandon his candidacy. News media (the herd) are saying the uncommitted voters are trying to get Biden to call for a ceasefire. Maybe, but many, if not most, want him out of office. Some, like me, would like to see him in the dock at the Hague, on trial for complicity in war crimes and genocide.

I am old enough to remember when president Lyndon Johnson withdrew his candidacy in 1968 when an antiwar challenger, Eugene McCarthy garnered 42% of the vote - enough to convince Johnson he was through.

Wisconsin's presidential primary election is April 2. I called the Dane County Clerk on Wednesday to find out how to vote uncommitted, and was told the choice would be "uninstructed delegation." I might write in Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, but not bound has a nice ring to it, fits me to a T. 

There are many more primary elections left, starting with "Super Tuesday," March 5, this coming week, when 15 states will hold their elections. You can vote one form of uncommitted or another in your state by either calling your city or county clerk, or ask when you show up to vote. It should be fun getting rid of a genocidist.
__________________________________

___________________________________

R.I.P. Aaron Bushnell. R.I.P. also for everyone who has died since the beginning of the catastrophe in the Southern Levant. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home